This is a list of POSSIBLE future enhancements, which is likely to change as new or better ideas come along, but will still give you a sense of direction to the project.
KootNet Sensors – PC Control Center
- Add “Threading” to the sensor checks and data grabs – All at once or in groups, instead of one by one
- Create SQL Database Modifier – Split, Combine, Change Sensor Names, update layout to newer versions, etc.
- Make program a Web App using Plotly’s “Dash” (Looking into it)
- Add or Change Multiple wireless networks for sensors in config
- Create a “Reverse Connection Mode” or a whole new Application for Reverse Connections
- Have Sensors connect to the server, instead of server connecting to sensors
- No need for VPN router or opening the firewall on the Sensor side
- Only setup port forwarding on the server side
- Sensors automatically check in, no need to initialize anything
- Pre setup a list of commands for one or more sensors once they get online
- Upload database, upgrade software, reboot, etc.
- Add Sensor recording intervals
- Add Sensor recording triggers
Sensor Details HTML Generation
- Add Free SD Card space
- Add graph type selection
- Add ability to do side by side comparison for multiple sensor databases
- Show at which point in time the Sensor(s) change their Name (Location Identifier)
- Add support for more Sensors
- Add Log to save history of when and what was run for network commands
- Create single test program to show all installed sensor readings.